Friday, 10 May 2013

UK Cover Reveal: Siege and Storm By Leigh Bardugo


Hey, I'm still on hiatus right now but I had to break it to share the UK Siege and Storm cover with you all. I love all things Grisha and Shadow and Bone and I want to share the excitement. Yesterday the UK Cover for the second book in the Grisha series was revealed and here it is: 


Siege and Storm
Series: The Grisha #2
Release Date: 4th June 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt-US, Gollancz-UK
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 448 

Synopsis: Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

Ooh I really like the vividness of the blue and how it contrasts with the rest of the cover. I love it so much and I can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy! Well done Gollancz for topping the first cover. I have so much love for it, it really would make me pick it up in a bookstore! 

Here's the US Cover for Comparison:

 

What are your thoughts on the UK Cover? Which one do you prefer? Let me know in the comments! 


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the first book yet but am going to try and get it very soon. I think I prefer the UK cover a lot more than the US one, so hopefully it'll be a welcome addition to my bookcase soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!