Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#16)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My chosen upcoming release is:
The Oathbreaker's Shadow
Series: The Knots Sequence #1
Release Date: 6th June 2013
Publisher: Random House Childrens
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 416

Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Raim lives in a world where you tie a knot for every promise that you make. Break that promise and you are scarred for life, and cast out into the desert.

Raim has worn a simple knot around his wrist for as long as he can remember. No one knows where it came from, and which promise of his it symbolises, but he barely thinks about it at all - not since becoming the most promising young fighter ever to train for the elite Yun guard. But on the most important day of his life, when he binds his life to his best friend (and future king) Khareh, the string bursts into flames and sears a dark mark into his skin.

Scarred now as an oath-breaker, Raim has two options: run, or be killed.

A gripping YA action-adventure fantasy, the first part of a planned duology.

I cannot wait to read this novel! I've been eagerly anticipating it for at least a year. It just sounds so good! I'm hoping to get my hands on a proof copy soon! It just sounds so good, doesn't it? The whole idea is so unique and I'm so excited for it!

What's your "Waiting on Wednesday" pick this week? 
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link over at Breaking the Spine!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I think this cover is pretty awesome :D Sounds cool. I hope you will love this when it comes out sweetie. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I wouldn't have thought this would have been my type of thing - but it looks fantastic! :D I'm adding it to my TBR list right away. ^.^ Thanks for sharing, :) also, thanks for stopping by my WoW post. :3
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool premise. Definitely one for the list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty badass cover. :) This is a new one to me, so I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cool premise. Thanks for sharing this one, going on my TBR.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book really intrigues me. Thanks for sharing.

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this book somewhere before but I forgot about it! Great pick!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's an interesting, uniquely sounding new theme! I'd love to see how it turns out! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting -- I'm dying to know: what was that knot for???

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds really interesting! Nice cover too!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!