Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#6)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they decide upon a bookish subject that we then have to choose our top ten. This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did.

Hmm this is a rather hard topic to choose from. I've managed to come up with ten though she here we go. I have had many books I liked better that I thought and some I didn't like as much, but when trying to remember them all it's so hard. Anyway here they are:

Five books that disappointed me: 

I loved Wither so much but Fever was such a let down. It was so disappointing and pretty rubbish compared to book one. 

I was expecting such an original Sci-Fi novel but instead there was a bland story and boring characters. The only thing that saved it for me was the setting. 

This has such a cool cover and intriguing synopsis but the story itself was rubbish and angered me so much. 

I wanted YA werewolves and this showed up, but it was terrible in my opinion. 

I enjoyed the TMI novels but this one was a complete slap in the face, it was so terrible compared to them. It has to be Clare's worst book. 

Five books that surprised me and I loved: 

I honestly wasn't expecting this to be such a brilliant horror novel. I mean it's aimed at Children but it still scared me so much. It was a promising debut that I loved. 

I knew this was meant to be a good fantasy novel but it blew my mind. It is now one of my favorite books ever! 

This was an incredible dystopian novel, I wasn't expecting much though as it didn't have much publicity but it was great. 

This is the best sci-fi/dystopian novel I have read. It was so unique and perfectly written. 

This has been recommended to me a lot but I wasn't expecting the overwhelming greatness and uniqueness of this novel. It completely blew my away. I just want to keep re-reading it. 

There you go, my Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did. I would love to see your picks, if you leave a link in the comments I will pop over to see your post. Thank you for stopping by! 

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree about Howl's Moving Castle, on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to Snyder's books.
    As for Clare, I felt like Clockwork Princess was her worst book. She better not mess up TMI.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one of these I've read is SISTER ASSASSIN (although it's called MIND GAMES here in the States) and I agree with you in some ways. I was definitely expecting more from it. It wasn't a terrible book, just not as good as I wanted it to be, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree about Shiverton Hall, I was scared out of wits reading it, but still didn't want to put it down!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such interesting books in your lists and lots that I haven't heard off. I think if I'm ever stuck for something different to read out of my comfort zone, I'm coming to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Loved Poison Study - I've heard good things about Long Long Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no... I have Sister Assassin on my shelf... I'm scared I won't like it now. Hahaha!

    I've been meaning to read Maria V. Snyder's books but I haven't gotten around to get the books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. City of Fallen Angels was AWFUL! I'm glad someone else agrees with me on this!

    And you will like Reached, promise :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!