Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#5)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they decide upon a bookish subject that we then have to choose our top ten. This weeks topic is: Top Ten Tuesday Rewind so i have chosen to do is: Top Ten Favourite Book Quotes

Right I love quotes, a lot and hence I have a rather large list so I'm going to share my favourites with you. Most of these are ones that mean something to me personally, I only really save the quotes that I connect with. They echo parts of my life and memories of the years gone by. Some though are just one's I generally love from some of my favourite books. So here they are in no particular order :

1. “You forget, darling. I am the local psychopath.” 

2. “Even when we're apart, we'll be looking at the same sky!”

3. “If I shot an arrow and thought about an ass, would it surprise you that I hit Erik?' Stark asked me in a pleasant, nonchalant voice.”

4. “In the end, it only comes down to one thing: choosing the one you can’t live without.”

5. “You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!"
"What are Fred and I? Next door neighbors?”

6. “Not all those who wander are lost.”

7. “Are you crazy? It's a common phrase, I know. But it means something particular to me: the tunnels, the security screens, the plastic forks, the shimmering, ever-shifting borderline that like all boundaries beckons and asks to be crossed. I do not want to cross it again.”

8. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”

9. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

10. “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”

Well there you go my top ten quotes! You cannot believe how giddy I was when choosing them. I think i have a slight obsession with powerful quotes that are so important to me. 

I would love to see your Top Ten Tuesday Rewind posts so leave a link in the comments and I'll check them out. Thank you for stopping by! Happy Reading! 

10 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I love quotes too, but never remember to write them down. I'm glad you do because it's fun to remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of a Harry Potter quote! Those twins get me every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection. I love these.I don't know all of them but Martin's is one of my faves.
    And HP one is HILARIOUS. :D Love JKR!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love book quotes, but like you said, I love them most because they have a personal meaning to me. However, my quotes notebook is pretty full so I guess I can relate to a lot :P Also, that Fred & George quote is my FAVORITE! It makes me laugh out loud every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I like it, a quotes list-I'm always finding quotes I like in books, hope a quotes top ten comes up soon then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the HP quote! Fred and George are the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... These quotes are awesome! I love George R.R. Martin's the most. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! Love these quotes :D That Harry Potter one is amazing. <3 And Clockwork Princess. Sobs. Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of these quotes, especially Perks of Being a Wallflower and Clockwork Princess!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!