Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Cover Reveal: Crown Of Midnight By Sarah J. Maas


Right, I'm guessing you guys all know of the brilliant Throne of Glass By Sarah J. Maas? If not click here for my review. Well this morning the cover for the sequel was revealed and holy batman, it is amazing! I didn't think they could top the first cover but they have! It is so badass and gorgeous, I couldn't wait to share it with you, I have both the UK and US Cover, so I will post them together first then separately below. 


Oh my! Aren't they just gorgeous! They are so powerful in my opinion. They really have topped the Throne of Glass cover but I'm really not sure how they will be able to top this. I personally prefer the UK cover as the colors just look so more bold and eye-catching  The US cover does fit in with the US cover of Throne of Glass, nevertheless I love it as well.

UK Cover: 


Series: Throne of Glass #2
Release Date: UK - 20th August US - 27th August
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Format: UK Paperback US Hardcover
Pages: 336

UK Synopsis: Eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien is bold, daring and beautiful – the perfect seductress and the greatest assassin her world has ever known. But though she won the King’s contest and became his champion, Celaena has been granted neither her liberty nor the freedom to follow her heart. The slavery of the suffocating salt mines of Endovier that scarred her past is nothing compared to a life bound to her darkest enemy, a king whose rule is so dark and evil it is near impossible to defy. Celaena faces a choice that is tearing her heart to pieces: kill in cold blood for a man she hates, or risk sentencing those she loves to death. Celaena must decide what she will fight for: survival, love or the future of a kingdom. Because an assassin cannot have it all . . . And trying to may just destroy her.

Love or loathe Celaena, she will slice open your heart with her dagger and leave you bleeding long after the last page of the highly anticipated sequel in what is undeniably THE hottest new fantasy series.

US Cover: 


US Synopsis: An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt. But her heart never wavers.

After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. 

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

Here are the Throne of Glass Covers for comparison: 


UK Cover / US Cover 

Well there you are! The kick-ass cover to Crown Of Midnight, the hotly anticipated sequel to Throne of Glass! 

I would love to know what you think of the cover, let me know in the comments! 

5 comments:

  1. I do love the covers :D They are beautiful. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :) I haven't read Throne of Glass yet.. I tried to, but didn't like it :\ still. I hope I might end up enjoying it at a later time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep, these covers are amazing! I still need to read Throne of Glass, but I can't wait to have Crown of Midnight sitting next to it on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Throne of Glass! It's one of my favourite books. I'm leaning towards the US Covers but they are just great! I love it when the covers match.
    New reader,
    Sophie
    Follow back? http://a-day-dreamers-world.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the covers but to be honest I think US are better. I like the background, white makes it looks weird. :L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely prefer the US covers, the UK ones look a bit cheap in person. I still haven't read book 1, and book 2 is almost here! Gah!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!