Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (#15)


Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My chosen upcoming release is:

Zenn Scarlett
Release Date: 7th May 2013
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Format: Paperback
Pages: 304

Synopsis: Zenn Scarlett is a bright and occasionally a-little-too-smart-for-her-own-good 17-year-old girl training hard to become an exoveterinarian. She specializes in the treatment of exotic alien life forms, mostly large and generally dangerous. Her novice year of training at the Ciscan Cloister Exovet Clinic on Mars was going well - until there are a series of inexplicable animal escapes from the school that Zenn finds herself blamed for. As if this isn't enough to be dealing with, her father vanishes under strange circumstances, and Zenn is worried that she has started hearing the thoughts of the creatures around her... 

With the help of Liam, a towner boy, and Hamish, an alien bug also training at the clinic, Zenn must try to find her father, rescue the animals and unravel the mystery of who is behind the attacks on the school. And all without failing her first year.

After being contacted by the author (who is great by the way!) I have to say that I am really excited for this book and I hope you all are too. Just read that summary. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and as an animal management student, aiming to be a Veterinary Nurse it's even more appealing!

What's your "Waiting on Wednesday" pick this week? 
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link over at Breaking the Spine!

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before. The premises is interesting, I'll add it to my tbr.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Strange Chemistry, they have published some amazing books! This one looks great, it's on my Kindle waiting to be read and I seriously can't wait!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound right up your alley, if you're a veterinary nurse in training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this before! Looks great though!!!
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!
    Enter our FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY @ The Reading Vixens!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good, and I like the cover. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover! I will add this book to my to-read list :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost requested this from NG, but never did. I think I had too many books at the time, but it definitely looks interesting!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I haven't heard of this before! I guess that's the fun part of hopping between people's WoW entries--discovering more new books. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    -Meann @ The Girl Who Read and Other Stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning cover! And the summary is intriguing, to say the least. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cover. <3 Seems like an awesome book :D I hope you will love it when it comes out sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never heard of this one before but the synopsis has me really intrigued!! That cover is gorgeous too ♥ Wow! Thanks for sharing :D

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!