Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Blog Tour and Guest Post: Impostor By Jill Hathaway

I am very excited to be apart of the Impostor By Jill Hathway official Blog Tour. After reading Slide and loving it, I was so excited to hear about the sequel and it comes out so soon. Today I have a guest post from Jill about what she would do if she could Slide. 

If I Could Slide...

It never fails. Whenever people interview me, they always ask what I would do if I could slide (enter someone else’s head and see the world through their eyes). 

My standard answer was that I’d slide into Jared Leto’s girlfriend. I mean, obviously. That way I'd get him all to myself. 

But maybe this question doesn’t deserve such a flippant answer. Sliding is… well, it’s intense. It’s basically empathy taken to an extreme level. So the question really is, who do I want to understand better? 

As I sit here, thinking about this question, it occurs to me that I slide every day that I sit down to write. I become Vee. I become Rollins. I become them all. And that’s… kind of awesome. 

Alternatively, you get to slide every time you open a book. You enter another world. You see through someone else’s eyes. You get to live more lives than your own. Isn’t that a wonderful benefit to reading? 

If you’d like to slide into Vee again (okay, I really need to figure out a different way to say that), check out IMPOSTOR (SLIDE #2) on March 26. 

Until then, slide (read) away!

About the Book: 


Impostor
Series: Slide #2
Release Date: 26th March 2013
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 278

Synopsis: What if a killer took control of you?

Vee Bell’s gift (or curse) of “sliding”—slipping into the mind of another person and experiencing life, briefly, through his or her eyes—has been somewhat under control since she unwillingly witnessed the horrific deaths of her classmates six months ago.

But just as things are getting back to normal, Vee has a very bizarre experience: she loses consciousness and finds herself in a deserted area, at the edge of a cliff, with the broken body of the boy who took advantage of her on the rocks below.

As Vee finds herself in stranger and stranger situations with no memory of getting there, she begins to suspect that someone she knows has the ability to slide—and that this “slider” is using Vee to exact revenge on his or her enemies.

About the Author: 


Jill Hathaway lives in the Des Moines area with her husband and young children. Having earned her BA in English Education from the University of Northern Iowa and her MA in Literature from Iowa State University, she teaches high school English and dual credit courses for Des Moines Area Community College.

SLIDE, her debut, was released from Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins in March 2012. The sequel, IMPOSTOR, will be out in March 2013. She is working on two additional books to be released in 2014 and 2015 (not related to the SLIDE series).

Find Jill here: 

You can find my review of Slide here

Thank you so much Jill for having Read Write and Read Some More on your blog tour and for writing a great guest post. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!