Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (#14)


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.

My chosen upcoming release it: 


The Madman's Daughter
Series: The Madman's Daughter
Release Date:  29th January 2013
Publisher: Harper Voyager (UK)
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 432

Synopsis: In the darkest places, even love is deadly.

Sixteen-year-old Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself in London—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father's gruesome experiments. But when she learns he is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations are true.

Accompanied by her father's handsome young assistant, Montgomery, and an enigmatic castaway, Edward—both of whom she is deeply drawn to—Juliet travels to the island, only to discover the depths of her father's madness: He has experimented on animals so that they resemble, speak, and behave as humans. And worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island's inhabitants. Torn between horror and scientific curiosity, Juliet knows she must end her father's dangerous experiments and escape her jungle prison before it's too late. Yet as the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father's genius—and madness—in her own blood.

Inspired by H. G. Wells's classic The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Madman's Daughter is a dark and breathless Gothic thriller about the secrets we'll do anything to know and the truths we'll go to any lengths to protect.

I've been waiting for this a long while, and it only seemed fair to post it now it's really close to the release date! Just look at the cover, it is gorgeous! Oh and the title! Eek! I cannot tell you how excited I am for this! I will be getting it on the release day! 

What's your "Waiting on Wednesday" pick this week? 
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link over at Breaking the Spine!


14 comments:

  1. So happy it is almost coming out! Sounds really creepy and good! Love freaky science experiments.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this either! Great pic!

    Kendal
    http://kinxsbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-inferno-by-dan.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was sooooo good. If you haven't Pre-ordered it yet you should. Did I mention it was good?? Great Pick!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing yours.

    If curious here is my review ofThe Madman's Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard a lot abotu this one.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this everywhere. I hear its good so can't wait to read it myself. Nice pick, and thanks for stopping by :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get this book as well, looks amazing! Hope you get it soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, interesting book! :) Nice find, although I'm not hugely sure if it's one I'd like to rad - but thanks for sharing. ^.^ I hope you get it soon.
    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know it was a remake of a classic. Now even I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annabell I have this sitting in my tbr pile and cannot wait to read it..awesome pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, gosh. I've seen this covera bunch of times on Goodreads. But this time I'm adding it to my TBR-list. That synopsis = Whoa. Great pick! :)

    Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im reading this right now and its really good so far! I hope you enjoy it as well :-) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best pick! I think you'll love this one. <3 I did :D It was just amazing. I actually hadn't been thinking about reading it until the day it arrived on Edelweiss.. but then I got accepted, and I read it right away, and it was so much better than I had ever thought :) So, so good. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard nothing but great things about this one! Great pick :) I hope you'll love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier ♥
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!