Saturday, 5 January 2013

2013 Reading Challenges

I've decided to join some Reading challenges this year, you can find all about them and my goals below.
 
 
 
This ARC Reading Challenge is hosted by Teddy at So Many Precious Books, So Little Time. I aiming for Level Silver which is to read 24 ARC books.
 
Here are the Rules set By Teddy:
 
Rules:
To sign up, leave a direct link to your blog post about this challenge. Please leave a comment as well.
  • You Can join this challenge at anytime throughout the year.
  • You don't have to make a list of which ARC's you plan to read, but you can if you want.
  • If you choose a lower level, you can always change it to a higher level if you like. However, you cannot go from a higher level back down to a lower level.
  • Crossovers with other challenges are allowed and Audio-books and ebooks are allowed as long as they are ARC's.
  • Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can post your review on sites like Powells, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
  • Please subscribe to my blog, as I will be doing a monthly post with MR Linky. Please add your reviews for each month in MR Linky in the monthly post. For your Name, please use this format Name: (Your Name, Book Title and Author's Name) for example: (Teddy, Obsessive Reading by Helen Reader). Please be sure to use the direct link to your review, not just to your blog.Then please leave a comment.
 I will post links to my reviews of the books read for this challenge on my 2013 challenges page which can be found at the top of this post.
 
 
Photobucket
 
This challenge is hosted by Midnyte Reader. I read quite a few horror novels at the end of 2012 and would like to continue reading the genre this year. The books I'm planning to read I will list below but things could change.
 
- Dracula By Bram Stoker
-The Replacement By Brenna Yovanoff
- The Name of the Star By Maureen Johnson
- The Forests of Hands and Teeth By Carrie Ryan
- Patient Zero By Jonathon Maberry
- Dearly Departed By Lia Habel
-Unrest By Michelle Harrison
- Midwinterblood By Marcus Sedgewick
- Haunters By Thomas Taylor
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecuilar Children By Ransom Riggs
- Pet Semetery By Stephen King
- The Secrets Of Crickley Hall By James Herbert
- The Woman in Black By Susan Hill
- Anna Dressed in Blood By Kendra Blake
 
Here are the Rules from Midnyte Reader:
 
•This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013.

•Books must be read and reviewed in 2013.

•You can choose fiction or non-fiction.

•Audio books are fine.

•Short stories are fine as long as you leave a thoughtful review.

•Books can cross with other challenges.

•You can join at anytime during the year. Any books you have read in 2013 can be added.

•Anyone can participate (not just book bloggers). If you don't have a blog: You can link to Goodreads, Amazon, Shelfari, etc. The easiest way may be to make a seperate shelf for this Challenge or a post. Links back to the Challenge are appreciated and will help others if they would like more information.

•If you are using Facebook for this challenge, please write a post (you can just use a few sentences) about the Challenge. Links back to the Challenge are appreciated and will help others if they would like more information. When you review a book or short story, please do not write a sentence or two. Please write a full review, even if it is just a few few paragraphs.

•Yes! Prizes will be given!

 
I will post links to the review of Horror books read for this challenge on the challenges page!

These are the only one's I'm planning on doing at the moment, keep an eye on the Challenges page for more updates!

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for participating! You have quite a few books on your list that I have already read. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i need to join the 2013 Horror Reading Challenge. I don't read many horror books so it will be a great start to reading more horror books. By the way, that's a great list and i hope you enjoy all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dracula By Bram Stoker,The Replacement By Brenna Yovanoff I both really enjoyed and horror reads. and The Woman in Black By Susan Hill,Anna Dressed in Blood By Kendra Blake almost gave my nightmares but they were fantastic reads!

    Good luck!

    Gabby~

    ReplyDelete
  4. One worthwhile task carried to a successful conclusion is worth half-a-hundred half-finished tasks. . .

    umrah packages
    cheap umrah packages
    cheap Umrah tickets
    cheap Umrah flights
    umrah flights
    umrah tickets

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!