Monday, 17 December 2012

Top 10 Debut Novels Of 2012

Welcome to the first in what's going to be a series of the Top or Best of my reads in 2012 and also what I'm looking forward to in 2013. Of course these are all of my own personal opinions and I would love to hear your thoughts on my selections.
 
This first post is going to feature my favourite debut novels of 2012. There has been many great debut novels this year and also some very talented debut authors. This post will showcase my favourites. I will post the book cover and a link to my review, if applicable, so you can read all about these awesome novels. Without further ado here they are:
 
 
 
This is a truly incredible YA Fantasy from an very talented author, hence why it's number 1!
 
 
 
I freaking loved this dystopian novel from Janet Edwards. It just had so much more depth than other dystopians floating around at the moment. This is one that will stick with you for a very long while.
 
 
 
A spooky novel from a talented UK Author. I had the pleasure of meeting James this year and he is fabulous! This deserves a place on all of your bookshelves.
 
 
 
Pushing the Limits is a very moving heartfelt and emotion novel about realistic events. It's definitely one that will make you cling on until the very last page.
 
 
 
Another heartbreaking novel about betrayal and very harsh truths. This one's not for the faint hearted, it will make you cry but the message is so very important.
 
 
 
This is an enchanting tale about the Snow Child. I loved this magical novel and the characters it involved.
 
 
 
Another epic fantasy that is just as epic as it sounds. I loved this and really recommend it to all fantasy fans.
 
 
 
This novel based on the short story by Edgar Allan Poe is a haunting tale about being so close to death, that you need to cherish all those around you. If you're looking for a novel that is very unique then try this.
 
 
 
A intriguing novel about the ability to slide. It's a YA mystery that really makes you think.
 
10. White Horse By Alex Adams
(Review coming later this week)
 
 
This is a very dark novel about the end of the world. The writing is just so good though, Alex is a talented author you should look out for.
 
Well there you go, My top 10 Debut Novels of 2012. I would love to hear your thoughts on my selections and whether you agree or disagree. Leave a comment and I will check it out. Check back on Friday for the Top Series I've read this year.
 


1 comment:

  1. Great selection, Annabelle. It's nice to see such a diversity and some lesser known authors as well. Top Ten lists are so hard, you did a fantastic job with this.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!