Sunday, 23 December 2012

Letterbox Love (#26)

 
Letterbox Love is a weekly meme hosted by narratively speaking. The UK book bloggers have joined together and made a British version of IMM, and here it is. I'm proud to be a UK book blogger so this seemed like an excellent new meme to participate in.
 

This is a three week edition and I've got lots of books to show you! I should be back next week with a Christmas edition but If not I would like to wish you all a Happy Christmas and I hope you have a truly smashing day.

 
Here's what I got the past few weeks:
The book links will take you to the book's Goodreads page.
 
For Review:
 
 
Thank you to Hot Key Books for this!
As I was part of the Blog tour for this, I received a copy. So thank you to Piccadilly Press.
I cannot wait to read this! It was an unexpected parcel so Thanks to Quercus.
Thank you to Hannah at Walker Books for these!
Thank you to Jamie at Simon and Schuster for this!
 
 
I've already read this and you can find my review linked below! I freaking love the cover! Thanks to Mira Books for this!
 
Won:
 
 
I won this from Bloomsbury and Its very good and scary so far!
I won these from Mr Ripley, ones a proof copy and the other is a signed finished edition.
I won this from Tesco Books!
 
Received as a gift:
 
 
My friend Vicky got these for me for Christmas, she knows how much of a Star Wars geek I am and they are just perfect! Thank you Vicky!
Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this!
 
Bought:
 
 
I watched the film last week and I loved it! I jumped at the chance to get the book!
These were only £3 each on amazon so I bought them as they were such a bargain! It might be a while before i read them just yet though!
 
 
Yes! This is a signed first edition of the Casual Vacancy By J. K. Rowling! We went to London last week and my mother bought me this as an early 18th Birthday Present! I couldn't be happier with it! It's so gorgeous!
 
Weekly Wrap Up:
There's two weeks of posts in this wrap up so here they are.
 
UK Cover Reveal: Omens By Kelley Armstrong
Best of 2012: Top 10 Debuts of 2012
Blog Tour and Guest Post: Irresistable By Liz Bankes
 
I would love to see what you received this week, please leave your links in the comments!
Happy Christmas to all!
 

24 comments:

  1. Oh such lovely books! You will have some might fine reading ahead of you.

    Thanks for stopping by my Weekly Wrap Up and sharing your Letterbox Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I know I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I was already looking at yours when I saw your comment on mine! Haha. I was just weeping over the signed JK ROWLING! Actual weeping. Asked the parents to get me one for my 21st (29th December...) but we shall see! Haha! Great books! ZOM-B! LOVE LOVE LOVE Z0M-B and Undone is pure and utter brilliance! Pack tissues! You're gonna need them! :D

    Happy reading, and Merry Christmas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, don't cry! You never know, there might be one there on your birthday, I will cross my fingers for you! I knew you liked Zom-B from your tweets and now I can finally see what the fuss was all about!

      Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to read The Woman in Black. And, Casual Vacancy -- special!! Great week for you! Happy reading! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I'm so jealous of your signed The Casual Vacancy! I've heard a lot about The Scent of Magic, hope you like it.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good novel! I would be jealous too :P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. OMG! Signed The Casual Vacancy? This is like the best thing ever =D I really like your haul what's with Game of Thrones books and Undone and Star Wars.

    Yay, great haul! =D

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Signed First Edition! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a nice selection of books. I hope you enjoy all of them. I really liked Scent of Magic. I have those same two by George R. R. Martin on my TBR mountain. I really should get to them one of these years (They have been on the pile since 2008). My new books posts are here at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do! The problem is they take so long to read as well! I hope you get to them soon!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. SIGNED TCV!!! Omg super jealous! :D Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Scent of Magic cover IS beautiful!! And congrats on the signed The Casual Vacancy! Love signed books!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's my favourite cover of the year!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Wow, it makes me strive to be a better blogger when I see all the books publishers send bloggers. I am really interested in Undone. Happy holidays! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom used to read all the Star Wars book. I loved the Junior Jedi Knights and Young Jedi Knights books growing up, but while there's 1 or 2 adult books I've yet, there's a lot I haven't. Someday though I'd love to find the time to go back and read all the adult Star Wars books (especially if that's what they base the new movies on).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab haul this week! I love Maria V Snyder. I was more than a little excited when she got involved in our Winter Warmers Event this month.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that's a great haul. The Scent of Magic cover is really pretty. That's a lot of publisher love! Happy Reading & Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really got a great haul. Hope you enjoy them and Happy Early Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing haul this week! Congrats on the signed edition of The Casual Vacancy. I have yet to read it but it sounds really good!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Undone By Cat Clarke sounds great! And too awesome to have a book signed by J.K. Rowling!!!!!!!!!! I still need to the Game of Thrones books sometime. Happy reading, happy holidays, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! So much amazing :D:D I hope you enjoy it all. <3 So jealous about signed Zom-B. Haven't read the book yet, but I kind of adore Darren Shan :D And ahhh. Signed JK Rowling book! So jealous. :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3 (Psst, haven't played the LOTR Lego game yet ;p hopefully after Christmas :))
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!