Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Blog Tour and Guest Post: Forbidden Mind By Kimberly Kinrade

Welcome to the Second stop on the Forbidden mind Blog Tour! Remeber to enter to win a ecopie of Forbidden Mind!  I'm pleased to host Kimberly Kinrade, author of Forbidden Mind. Below you will find a guest post from Kimberly explaining how the idea for Forbidden Mind came about! Over to Kimberly:
 
A Forbidden Dream
Forbidden Mind began as a dream. A girl named Sam came to me while I slept. She could read minds and had been raised in a secret world where kids with para-powers like hers were rented out to the rich and powerful to be used for their powers.

I woke up, jotted down the idea, and forgot about it for a few years.
Last fall while preparing to launch The Reluctant Familiar and Death by Destiny, I remembered this idea and thought it would be fun to write a short story about that girl.
Ha! What started as a short story turned into a short novel, then into a trilogy. The first book was originally called Rent-A-Kid and got picked up by Evolved Publishing almost before the proverbial ink had dried. Other publishers were also interested in the series, but Evolved won my heart (and my books) with their innovative business model and commitment to authors.
It's first month out, Forbidden Mind won second place in the Forward National Literature Award for drama, and with that one victory I became an award-winning novelist.
Reviews were strong for that book, but everyone wanted more. More Forbidden Mind, more books in the series, more, more, more! After talking to my publishers and editors, we decided to expand the first book and republish it, and we launched the second book in the series, Forbidden Fire.
I'm blessed to have the best editors ever. The process or rewriting and reediting Forbidden Mind was daunting, but we made it through it. Forbidden Fire was easier to write and to edit. Forbidden Life has been the most daunting of the three. It's three times longer, and more complex as I had so many story threads to tie up, but it is now my new favorite! Lol
With each book, we did content and line edits, then it was formatted for ebook and print publication and launched. It's been an exciting year, with the whole trilogy finally coming out. I can't believe how completely this series took over my life!
But the world of Forbidden isn’t done with me yet. Luke and Lucy, two beloved characters from Forbidden, will be starring in their own series next Spring. My husband, Dmytry Karpov, and I are co-writing Blood of the Fallen, a thrilling, romantic and addictive paranormal series that will take you to a whole new world with an unforgettable cast of characters. Look for the entire trilogy launch from Evolved Publishing in May, and a special treat on January 15th with Sunrise & Nightfall, a deeply romantic story of love, death, hope and redemption that tells the backstory of a key character in the Fallen Trilogy. He'll risk everything to save her life. She'll sacrifice it all to save his soul.

And so, the Forbidden Saga continues!
 
 
Forbidden Mind
Series: Forbidden #1 
Release Date: 7th September 2011, New Edition 26th June 2012
Publisher: Evolved Publishing
Format: Paperback
Pages: 248
 
Synopsis: 49% of Americans believe their government officials are honest. I don't know these officials, or their supporters, but I know their secrets, and 49% of Americans are wrong.
 
My employers pay me well to be right, to know things others can't. But I don't know why they brought that boy in, strapped to a stretcher, barely conscious. He asked me for help when I could give none.
 
I'm a wealthy spy, a talented artist, a martial arts black belt, and a prisoner. They tell me that on my eighteenth birthday, I will be released, free to go to the college of my dreams. It's my eighteenth birthday, and a man in black is at my door. I know he's not here to free me.
 
I know, because I can read minds.

My name is Sam, and this is my story.
 
So begins the tale of Sam and Drake--from the time they link minds, forging a bond that leads to an unconventional romance--to their fight for survival against the corrupt, twisted organization known as 'Rent-A-Kid.' 
 
"...a thrilling, dark and deeply romantic read that had me sitting on the edge of my seat and eagerly awaiting the next installment." ~ Refracted Light Young Adult Book Reviews
 
 
"The plot is very ALIAS and DARK ANGEL-like with X-MEN as its backdrop (awesome combo!). Forbidden Mind BLEW my mind!" ~Sour Skittles Book Blog
Winner of 2011 Forward National Literature Award
 
About the Author:



Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes fantasy and paranormal stories for children, YA and adults and still believes in magic worlds. Check out her YA paranormal novels Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire and Forbidden Life and her illustrated children's fantasy chapter books Lexie World, Bella World, and all on Amazon.
 
She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, her two dogs who think they're humans, her two cats who think they're gods, and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.


Links:

Win:
 Kinberly has kindly offered to give one lucky winner an ebook copy of Forbidden Mind! The giveaway will be international and will run until the 12th October 2012. Winners will have 5 days to reply, we will contact them by email. If you don't reply by this time, a new winner will be picked from the entries. Good Luck!
 
 
Thank you to Kimberly for the very interesting quest post! Be sure to check out the rest of the tour!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my book! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds interesting.Sigh. Another book into my ever increasing TBR.

    Samina
    Escapism from Reality

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!