Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#9)


Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I'm going to post two this week, book 1 and 2 in the The Three Powers series. I've just finished reading The Snowmelt River and you can find my review here.  I loved it and It's released in early August. The second book The Tower Of Bones is released in November and I can't wait to read it. But because both aren't out yet, I'm going to post them both so more people are aware of the series. The first book is brilliant and I can't wait for the adventure in book 2.


The Snowmelt River
Series: The Three Powers #1
Release Date: 2nd August 2012
Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 576

Synopsis: On the summit of the fabled mountain Slievenamon in Ireland there is a doorway to an ancient land of terrible power. The gate of Feimhin has lain closed for centuries, the secret of its opening long lost.

But now four orphans drawn together by Fate must pass through the portal to face their destinies. What they find beyond is the enchanted but war-ravaged world of Tír, a strange land peopled by beings of magic. Here death waits at every corner and they must learn to fight if they are to survive.

And they'd better learn quickly, because their enemy, the Tyrant of the Wastelands, is growing in power.



The Tower Of Bones
Series: The Three Powers #2
Release Date: 8th November 2012
Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 400

Synopsis: Fate has brought together four young people from our world into the enchanted world of Tír. Together Kate, Alan, Mark and Mo present a formidable new force for good in this war-ravaged world: they are Hope for the millions of oppressed peoples that live here.

The four have been split up, with one of their number kidnapped, one lost and one changing almost beyond recognition, and it falls to Alan to unite them once again and restore their strength.

But the Great Witch Olc, scheming in her Tower of Bones, is planning to lure Alan into a trap. And she has resurrected the demigod Fangorath, a dreadful force for malice, for her own evil ends.


What's your "Waiting On Wednesday" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine.
 

10 comments:

  1. I've never actually heard of this series but it sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I've actually never heard of this series, but it will definitely be on my tbr pile!

    New follower here, I hope you'll check out my site. :]

    My WoW

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of these buh hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Please check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Nice picks this week! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of this series before. Glad you enjoyed the first one.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not heard of this series before but it does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gorgeous covers! Seems interesting ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!