Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#3)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My chosen upcoming release is:
 

Defiance
Series: Defiance #1
Release Date: 28th August (US) 6 September (UK)
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (US) Atom (UK)
Format: Hardcover + Paperback
Pages:  416

Synopsis:  Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.

I cannot freaking wait for this book! It's one of my most anticipated releases this year. I can't wait to get my hands on it, It just sounds so good!

What's your "Waiting On Wednesday" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine.


32 comments:

  1. Great pick! That's one of my most anticipated releases as well :) I need it now already!!

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick!! Definitely can't wait to read this one too!! <3 And I really like the dark and gorgeous cover. Great pick Annabelle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yes FANTASTIC pick! Words cannot desribe how freaking excited I am about this book. Mostly because I totally judge books by their cover and, let's face it, this one is gorgeous :p

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick :D ! I heard awesome things about this one !
    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower :)

    I am SO excited to read this book!! I can't wait!!!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-49-evergreen-mer.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO excited for this one! I keep seeing it everywhere! :) Thanks for sharing.

    And thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book has already caused a real whirlwind the the bloggosphere and I can't wait to read it, too! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I'm excited to read this one. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting this one super soon, and I just can't wait! The cover and the premise are stunning, eh?! Great choice this week :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also very excited about this book can't wait to read it. Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want this book, too! It's going to be a long wait for this book to come out! Great WoW! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want this one! Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been drooling over this cover from when I first saw it! It's beyond gorgeous. To be honest, the synopsis sounds very good to me too, so it's a double win. I hope so, at least.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for this book, either! I think I look at it every week and sigh over it. August needs to come sooner! (Not too soon, though, because I like having my summer. :P) Great pick! Thanks for stopping by!

    New follower :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm super, super excited for this one too. been a while since i've read a good paranormal YA. awesome pick!!

    My WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this book a lot but this is the first time that I actually stopped and read the summary. It sounds interesting but does anyone know in what time is the plot set into? Past? Future?
    Thanks for visiting my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to this one as well! It sounds pretty awesome and I absolutely love the cover! Thanks for stopping by my WoW. I'm also a new follower. =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I really like the look of this one too. Looking forward to it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! I'm so excited for this book too! It sounds so good and I have heard some good things about it. Also I love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds amazing! and I really like the cover!
    Great choice! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am excited for this book too! Glad I got approved for the ARC after two tries LOL

    Thanks for dropping by our WoW, new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds exactly like my kind of book! I've been wanting to read more fantasy books. I'm definitely putting this on my TBR list. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog!
    Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pick! This is highly anticipated by me as well. I cannot wait for it to be released. Plus, the cover is beautiful. Also, new follower(:

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like a promising new series. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a book that I must have. Great pick!
    thanks for sharing.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I have this book on my TBR list already, though I can't be all that sure... Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. that one sounds awesome, will put on my list now, lol, Here is my wow, and i am a new follower too. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-613-hidden.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay! Great pick :D I just read Defiance ;) And I loved it. It is great :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. oooh, I've seen this one around :) Can't wait to read!

    *New Follower*

    Happy Reading :)

    ~Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind~

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been on a contemporary kick lately, but this sounds amazing!! Another great one I need to add to my list...and wait for :) Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by my WoW :)))

    ReplyDelete
  31. Got this on my wishlist, can't wait to read it! :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  32. YESS. This one is on my TBR and I have to say that the cover is excellent, as is the premise. Can't wait to check it out either! :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!