Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Intangible By J. Meyers


Intangible
Series: Intangible #1
Release Date: 31st January 2012
Publisher: J. Meyers
Format: ebook
Pages: 264
Source: Received from Author.

Synopsis: Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

Review: J. Meyers contacted me asking if I would review her book Intangible, after reading the summary I jumped at the chance as it sounded like a good read. Intangible was a very enjoyable paranormal read, with the author adding many myths together making the book very unique. I loved the mix of all different sorts of supernatural creatures, the vampires, elves, and gifteds and more we only heard spoken about. The world Meyers has created for her characters is very interesting, I wanted to know more about the different races and who rules each one. I hope if there is a second book that this will be spoken about more. We got the Vampires back story but we didn't touch on the Elves. The Gifted's, children born with gifts or special powers are greatly sought after, each is unique. I really loved the idea of the gifteds and how they were kept in the dark about who they really were even though their powers grew and they fought to control them.

Intangible follows gifted twins, Luke and Sera. Sera can heal someone with a touch of the hand, she tries to help out as many people as she can, she feels it's her duty to do so. Luke on the other hand can see the future. It's one startling vision, that shatters his normal life. In the vision his sister dies. All of his visions have been right, he had never been able to alter them but he swears he will try. Things start changing in the real world, more people begin to take interest in the twins. The twins don't have a clue why, nobody knows about their gifts, at least that's what they've always believed. It seems they are now in more danger than ever.

I loved the relationship between the twins. It was so real, you could practically see the connection woven between the two, they were closer than a normal brother and sister. It was brilliantly done. I loved the bond they had and how the interacted with each other. They were the only ones they could trust with their gifts, they only had each other to talk to about them. I liked Sera, she was strong willed and sometimes reckless, she wouldn't follow any ones orders, she did what she wanted. I liked how she was strong and had a sense of humour. She was a funny character and there was so many sides to her. She was rather real. I especially liked how whenever someone was injured she would take it upon herself to make them better. A certain scene with a little boy, jumps out to me now. Luke, didn't feel as strong to me but that may be because he's battling with the vision that his sister is going to die soon. I feel that he was the weaker of the two, Sera was the strong one while Luke had to battle more demons. Whenever looks go upset, it hit the reader, it showed how strong a bond can be between twins. No matter what he always puts his sister first.

Jonas, the vampire. I freaking loved him. He was my favourite character in the whole book. I loved him from the start until the end. He wasn't the typical vampire, alas he could be scary but he still had a bit of humanity. He took it upon himself to save the twins, even though it was against his leaders orders. I even secretly hoped he would end up with Sera, alas he didn't in this book, but I have my fingers crossed. Marc was the love interest, he has many secrets of his own, his character did a complete turn around throughout the book, it was rather fascinating to watch someone lose themselves in friendship, then have that stripped away from him. He was an interesting character but I never saw his story ending the way it did. Fey was the best friend and protector, I didn't like her, she was too cold for my liking but she also has way too many secrets.

I really enjoyed Intangible, it's a great paranormal novel, that hooks the reader from the beginning. All the different paranormal elements shine through adding to the sheer awesomeness to the novel. I don't read many self published novels, so I can't really compare it to much else but this is fantastic. I'm sure it could become one of my favourite paranormal reads if the series continues. It deserves a lot more readers than it's getting, so why don't you give this book a go. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I did!




2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! I agree, I hope there's another one because I definitely need to read more. :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's writing the sequel now, I'm super excited :3

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!