Sunday, 24 June 2012

Award Free Blog!

Hello my lovely followers, It's great to see you again. Over the past few days I've been nominated twice for the Liebster blog Award. I really appreciate the gesture, it really does make me smile that there are people out there taking in my opinions and viewing my blog on a regular basis. I cannot thank you enough for that, it really does mean a lot.

Alas, I have decided to make my blog an Award free zone. First I'm going to say thanks to the two people who nominated me, they are Samina @ Escapism and Lili @ Lilis Reflections. I cannot thank you enough!

The reason why I'm making my blog an Award free zone, is because I don't like singling out people, each person is equal after all. Every person who has a blog deserves an award for keeping up the good work because blogging is hard and it takes up a lot of time. All of us who blog are determined and hard working to keep it running. Each blogger should receive an award not just a few. We are not better than others, therefore we shouldn't be spotlighted.  We are blogging about things we love and we aren't doing it just for the awards. Getting followers and comments from the lovely readers is an award in itself. To be honest, I didn't even know about the blog awards until I received one. I apologise to those who nominated me but I feel strongly against these awards. I hope you take my reasons into account, and I really do appreciate the gesture.

I also disagree where the award asks you to tell the reader 10 things about yourself and then they ask you questions. I know they are innocent but I don't want to tell everyone something about my personal life, especially where it can be seen all over the Internet no matter where you are in the world. That's seriously crossing the line. I take my privacy very seriously.

The awards are also like chain letters, well they are but with a shiny badge or sticker. Underneath it all you still need to pass it on, and demand they follow through with it. I don't like it at all.

I'm going to stop rambling now. I'm sorry if I offended the people who gave this to me but I really didn't mean to. I really appreciate the gesture though.

Anyway, I now declare my blog an award free zone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Annabelle, on declaring your blog an Award Free Zone. I have just done the same. I commend you on your honesty and character. I declined for the same reasons you did. When I first got the Liebster it stressed me out so much. I ended up passing it on to bloggers I didn't even follow. One was even a blog for designer eyeglasses. It was like a game of "tag you're it!" and I didn't like the requirements at all. What made it burdensome was getting nominated again by the same person a month after I declined. It made me feel like I was again being nominated just to fulfill the requirements of "tagging" eleven other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!