Sunday, 6 May 2012

Letterbox Love (#1)


I'm sure you're all aware by know about the drama surrounding a certain US book blogger. Therefore i stopped participating in In My Mailbox because of the seriousness of what she did wrong. I've been looking for a replacement and stumbled across this this morning. Letterbox Love is a new weekly meme hosted by narratively speaking. The UK book bloggers have joined together and made a british version, and here it is. I'm proud to be a UK book blogger so this seemed like an excellent new meme to participate in.

Here's more description about Letterbox love from narratively speaking:  Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox - see what I did there?!) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)
 
So without further ado here's what i got in the past two weeks where I've mostly been offline. It's a gorgeous stack of books!
 
From last week:

Received:
-An Act Of Love By Alan Gibbons 
 -The Forest Of Hands and Teeth By Carrie Ryan
-Hollow Pike By James Dawson
-The Masque Of The Red Death By Bethany Griffin
-White Cat By Holly Black
-A Long, Long Sleep By Anna Sheehan
 
Huge Thanks to Jen at Gollancz for sending me the above books to read and review, I really appreciate it. I can't wait to get started.
 
Also received:
-Shooting Stars By Allison Rushby
Thanks Allison for sending me a review copy of your book!
 
Won:
-The Things We Did For Love By Natasha Farrant
 
Okay so now onto the books I received this week:

Won:
-The Straight Razor Cure By Daniel Polansky
-The Killing Moon By N. K. Jemisin
-Endure By Carrie Jones
-Sacrificial Magic By Stacia Kane
-The Inheritance By Robin Hobb & Megan Lindholm

A huge thanks goes out to SciFiNow. I won these in their follow Friday competition. If your a geek like me then you definitely need to check them out. A brilliant UK based magazine.

Received for Review:
-Prince Of Thorns By Mark Lawrence
Thank you to Waterstones and Harper Voyager for allowing me to receive this book!
-This Is How It Ends By Kathleen MacMahon
Another thanks to Waterstones and Little, Brown for giving me the opportunity to be one of the first people to read and review this book! 

Thanks again to all the publishers who sent me books. What did you receive this week?


 
 

14 comments:

  1. I bought White Cat a long time ago I really need to read it because it seems awesome. I read Tithe by Holly Black and loved it so i'm sure i'm going to love this series as well !
    A friend of mine read A long long sleep and loved it and I remember that the cover is beautiful.
    I hope you'll like all these books :). Happy reading !

    I'm also participating in Letterbox love :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ome brill books this week! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've won quite a lot too you lucky thing! I loved A Long Long Sleep by the end of reading it and I remember having tears streaming down my face!! Thanks for adopting Letterbox Love!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I am soo jealous of Shooting stars!!! I hope you enjoy/ed it!!
    You had a great haul this past week! Hope you enjoy reading all your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my Letterbox Love this week!

    Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on all your wins! You are gonna love Hollow Pike and White Cat! Both gorgeous books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. White Cat is fantastic! I hope that you enjoy it :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shooting Stars is brilliant and I really want to read A Long, Long Sleep. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White Cat and Hollow Pike are awesome! And I'm so jealous you have Masque of the Red Death! I love Poe, and it sounds so brilliant. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to read Prince of Thorns for a while now. Wondering what you'll think of it. I want to try The Masque Of The Red Death - I love Edgar Allen Poe! And Shooting Stars as well, it sounds super cute! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog :D
    Hollow Pike, The Masque Of The Red Death, A Long, Long Sleep are all books I want to read
    I have read White Cat and have Red Glove waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tons of great books! I absolutely love The Forest of Hands and Teeth! <3 It's SO good! Masque of the Red Death is amazing too! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth! Hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! I hope you enjoy Forest of Hands and Teeth. That's a great book! I also really liked Hollow Pike and Masque of the Red Death so hope you enjoy them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My best friend (and guest blogger) just finished Hollow Pike and loved it! I'm looking forward to reading it next--that, and Masque of Red Death!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!