Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#2)

 
 
"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly aniticipating.


My chosen upcoming release is:
US Cover!


Insurgent
Series: Divergent, book 2
Release Date: 1st May 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins
Format: Paperback
Pages: 525

Synopsis: One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

 

UK Cover

What's your "Waiting On Wednesday" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine.

18 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this book a lot lately. Not sure if it's something I would enjoy reading but I love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?! No one can wait for Insurgent. I want it now! lol. Awesome pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insurgent UK is so pretty isn't it? Definitely one to wait on.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, all the covers for this series are so pretty. ^^ I can't wait for 1st May to come, even though I'll have to wait to get the book even longer. My country sucks. :(

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!
    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, this is THE book right now?! and I have yet to finish reading Divergent {hangs head in shame!}
    I hope you get it soon, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't seen the UK cover before today... and I LOVE IT!!

    Of course, you had to pull out the big guns with your pick this week!! (is that legal?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want ittttt!!!!!!! Hurry up May!! :)

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked Insurgent, as well! :D So glad that it's only a few more days, though I'm pretty sure I'll try to not read it as soon as it's in my hands, because of the super long wait for the final book.

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, who doesn't want this book? ;) I am so excited to read this too! Thankfully it's May VERY soon so you won't have to wait much longer. Great WOW choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. May is almost here right? Right? Seriously I can't wait to read this, I loved the world of Divergent.

    My WoW

    ~Sam @ Journey Through Pages

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice! I am dying to read Insurgent! I loved Divergent and I can't wait to know what will happen next. Finally May is getting closer!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! I'm really excited for Insurgent as well!!! :D

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for Insurgent! I need to reread Divergent first though...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice!! You won't have must longer to wait :D

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited for this one to come out. I just pre-ordered it yesterday. May can't get here soon enough.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this book a lot. The release is almost here, so not that much longer to wait.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I CANNOT WAIT for this book- it better not disappoint me! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Insurgent is definitely everywhere the last few weeks. I'm eager to see where the story goes. I'm considering calling in to work on release day to get my read on. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!