Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#1)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly aniticipating.

My chosen upcoming release is:


The Immortal Rules
Series: Blood of Eden Book #1
Release Date: 4th May 2012
Publisher: MIRA Ink
Format: Paperback
Pages: 512

Synopsis: In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.


What's your "Waiting On Wednesday" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine.



15 comments:

  1. Ah, I still need to read this book! I requested it on NG and got it, too, but I haven't managed to read it so far. :/

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to wait on this one, since I already have it. But haven't read it yet :( Next week, perhaps :)

    my WOW

    I'm a new follower :) Stop by and follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually reading this right now (got an ARC) and it's really good.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to reading this one too! I can hardly wait! Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one popping up a few times and it seems like I'll just have to pick it up. I like the fact that it's a different approach to vampires than a lot of people have been doing lately.

    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound great!!! I think everyone but me is reading it right now (I'm slooooooow on getting on NetGalley!). I still have to read The Iron King!!! Eeeekk!

    Great pick for your first Wow! Welcome! BTW - you should put some nice little buttons up on the top right of your blog, a Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feed button, and any others you want people to follow you on (check mine out, I've got Twitter, FB, Amazon, Pinterest, email me, and RSS, off the top of my head). That way we can just add your RSS feed to our readers so we see you. GFC is going, going, gone for a lot of us so you'll want RSS if you want to build your readers.

    Sorry, just trying to help :) Btw, thanks for visiting me! I'm always late getting around to everyone doing WoW's!!
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    oooo, one more thingy.... you'll get more comments if you turn off word verification ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I spent a long time today trying to make my blog better!

      Delete
  7. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new GFC follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books about vampires, so this one is high on my list :D

    Visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book was so good! I've been dying to re-read it! I hope you get it soon! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this book waiting on my Kindle from NetGalley. I've heard such amazing things about it, so I'm going to be starting it soon! Can't wait to read this. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adored Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series, I actually received it from NetGalley and pre-ordered a copy as well so I can't wait to start it. Everyone seems to love it but all say it's completely different from the Iron Fey series and I can't wait to see what Julie Kagawa has in store next for us with Immortal Rules!

    Maria @ Fantasy's Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good! I'll have to put it on my TBR list.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am waiting for this one as well :] I think it is on Netgalley but I have soooo many galleys I didn't request it! Thanks for stopping by my blog :]

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!