Sunday, 8 April 2012

Radiant Desire By Inara Scott



Radiant Desire
Series: Handmaid's Seduction #1
Release Date: 4th October 2011
Format: Paperback
Pages: 304


Warning this is an Adult book, it contains content not suitable for young readers.

Synopsis: The object of every man’s fantasy just lost her wings…

Kaia Verde is one of the four Faerie Handmaids of Zafira, Queen of the Fey. To redress an ancient wrong done to Zafira by a human king, the Handmaids make sport of mortal men, seducing and humiliating them. When Kaia sets out to seduce Garrett Jameson, but ends up being the one surrendering to pleasure, Zafira is furious. Kaia’s punishment is simple: make Garrett fall in love with her by the summer solstice, then break his heart, or face eternity without her wings—or her soul. To make the task harder, Zafira tells Kaia she cannot use her faerie magic or charm to lure Garrett into her bed.

…and now she’s losing her heart…

Kaia thinks her task will be relatively easy—as a faerie, she understands lust, and can love be much different? But once she is living among the humans, Kaia discovers the race she once disparaged is far more complex and beautiful than she imagined. She learns before she can break Garrett’s heart, she must find a way to heal it. And eventually, discovers that losing her wings may be a far easier price to pay than losing her heart.

Review: Radiant Desire is book 1 of the Handmaids Seduction series. (Although I don't think more books are planned as of yet.) It's a paranormal romance which centres on Faeries. This is a good book, it's just not something I would normally read. I did enjoy the book, it was a nice escape from what I would normally read. It was also short enough clocking in at just under 300 pages. The story itself, is rather original and flows easily. It's not a book you have to focus hard on which is what you want for a romance novel.

Radiant Desire follows Faerie Kaia as she fails to seduce a human man called Garret Jameson. Instead she's the one who willingly gives herself to him. This is completely against Queen Zafira's rules. Ordered back to Faeria, Zafria orders Kaia to make Garrett fall in love with her and then break his heart. All by the summer solstice and without using her magic. The task is not easy. Being human is not simple, Kaia soon releases she's in too deep.  Changes are occurring to her that would never happen in her faerie body. She needs to learn to fit in with humans and earn a wage to make sure she survives. But overall her mission cannot fail. If she does fail she will lose her wings.

I did like Kaia, at first she was an annoying flirt because of her faerie powers. But shortly after we saw her softer side and then her horror as she realised how hard her life would now be. She seems human, which is a complete shock to her. Kaia needs to adjust but at the same time make sure she completes her mission of making Garrett fall in love with her.  Garrett was a typical man, a rock who shows no feelings at all, he doesn't even admit his feelings to him self. He was all about his job and looking after his cousin Lexi. A real tycoon who didn't even know his true self. Kaia helps make him realise what he's wanted all his life and why he's been so scared of the truth. I loved Ted and Rachel, I would even say they were a better couple then Garrett and Kaia. I really liked Rachel she was incredibly real and really believable, I loved how she gave Kaia a chance despite her secrets.

I loved the ending of this book, it was by far the best part. It was a brilliant way to wrap up the story. I enjoyed reading this book but it didn't fully grab me, it was just a quick read for me. Nevertheless if you like Paranormal Romance or even just Romance. I'm sure you'll love this book. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just my personal tastes that won't allow me to give it a higher rating. I also really liked how Kaia found the meaning of being human is to Love and say sorry. It was incredible and full of wisdom and themes of love, truth, secrets, lies and friendships no matter what the form. Also how Kaia dealt with the scary changes that are normal life to us was incredible well done.  

Radiant Desire is a good paranormal fantasy novel which Romance fans will enjoy from start until finish. Inara Scott brilliantly weaves the key themes of life into the story and makes the reader realise truths that would normally be overlooked. If you're looking for a book about love and friendship this is a book for you.


3/5 Stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!