Sunday, 15 April 2012

In My Mailbox (#1)



In My Mailbox is a weekly feature hosted by The Story Siren, in which each week we share the books we have brought, received or borrowed.

This is my first In My Mailbox but I have a bundle of books to share with you.

Bought:



The Power Of Six By Pittacus Lore: It just so happens that the paperback was released this week, so I bought it so it matched my I Am Number Four paperback.

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong: I've been dying to read this book. I had it pre-ordered for ages. The cover also looks amazing in person.

Received:



Empire In Black and Gold By Adrian Tchaikovsky: I won this from Tor UK in a competition. It looks like a good read, I'm excited to try it out.

Embassytown By China Mieville: I also won this from Tor UK in the same competition. It's slightly different to what I normally read but I'm going to try it anyway.

Adorkable By Sarra Manning: I received this from Atom for Review. I'm currently reading it and it's very good. I would also like to warn you its definitely for older teen readers.



Slide By Jill Hathaway: I won this signed copy and cover flat from Jill Hathaway herself. This book looks incredibly good and I can't wait to read it. She also added a book mark and postcard, both signed. How cool is she?

So what did you receive this week?




22 comments:

  1. Brilliant collection. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on The Calling - hope you enjoy it, and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my IMM, Annabelle! (I love your picture, too. Harry Potter for the win!)

    I have friends who love Kelley Armstrong and I trust their judgment, so I hope The Calling will be a great book to read. And while I haven't read I Am Number Four yet, I did watch the movie... Haha! Enjoy The Power of Six and everything else you got, especially Slide. I hope to find out what you think of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Thanks. I love Harry Potter. i will post reviews of them once i've read them1 :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely new blog! Adorkable looks good. I'm a new follower, so I'll be interested in your review!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slide is a book I really need to read. Happy Reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since I read I Am Number Four I've wanted to read The Power of Six.. I must get around to it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Lore yet, but I hear good things! Enjoy and thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox. Congrats on the Slide swag. Happy reading and have a lovely week.

    Here's my IMM

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slide looks awesome and Adorkable sounds really cute!

    Here's mine: IMM .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set! I want to read China Mieville's books. I've heard great things about them.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome selection of books this week!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My IMM for this week - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1934

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorkable looks good! Enjoy!

    Jessica @ Simply Infatuated
    http://simplyinfatuated.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lot of reads! Nice little swag for Slide. I hope I still have it on netgalley to read.

    New follower:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got The Power of Six recently and can't wait to read it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first book but I hear this is much better. I also can't wait to read The Calling! Looking forward to starting that soon. Awesome haul! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm new to yours but I love the design and love that you love Harry! And you're in the UK too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love Harry Potter so much :)I did the design myself so Thanks.

      Delete
  14. Great IMM! I've heard such great things about Slide, so congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice haul! I really want to read Slide! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read The Power of Six and I LOVED Slide! Awesome swag. Thanks for visiting My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try both the Dark is Rising series and I am Number Four! Happy reading! :)

    Maria @ Fantasy's Ink

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Calling! Love seeing this one in so many IMMs. I can't wait to read it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!