Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Dusty Reads (#1)



Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting on our shelves for some time. For more information click here.

My first Dusty read is The Replacement By Brenna Yovanoff. It has easily been sitting on my shelf for over a year and i still haven't picked it up. My to be read pile is so huge it just keeps getting shoved at the bottom.


The Replacement
Release Date: 21st September 2010
Format: Paperback
Pages: 375

Synopsis: Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, Mackie comes from a world of tunnels and black, murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattoed princess. He is a replacement - left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago when it was stolen away by the fey. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood and consecrated ground, Mackie is slowly dying in the human world. Mackie would give anything just to be normal, to live quietly amongst humans, practice his bass guitar and spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem, where he must face down the dark creatures and find his rightful place - in our world, or theirs.



4 comments:

  1. I've read it & it was interesting. This cover actually fits more to the story than the US one. I hope you'll enjoy it when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like this cover a lot better too.

      Delete
  2. I've read this one - I liked it a lot. Brenna writes in a really haunting way, the story stays with you for ages after you finish it.

    I hope you get around to reading it soon :-)
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    My Dusty Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this has made me want to read it sooner. I'll have to try and read it soon. Thank you!

      Delete

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!