Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Blog Update: Please Read!


Right, Here I go. I’ve been putting off writing this post all day. It seems after thinking all day I’ve decided to take a break from book blogging. It’s not that I don’t enjoy it, I do. It’s just seems my blog has gone off track. It’s taking over my life pretty much. Everyday I’ve been on the laptop this week all I’ve been doing is coming on here, well blogger. It’s distracted me from what I should really be doing.


 As an aspiring author I need to spend a lot more time practising my skills and in the past week or so I haven’t written anything except blog posts. Writing comes high up on my list of important things I need to do and blogging falls to the bottom of that list. 




 
When I started reviewing books, I did it because I wanted to and I enjoyed it. I wanted to document my thoughts about books I liked and ones I didn’t. I wanted to choose a book I fancied to read and review, whether it is a classic or a new release, I wanted to choose. This is what changed. I stopped enjoying writing reviews, I did it because I knew my readers would want to know my opinion but I’d lost the enthusiasm to do so. Another thing I really hated that I did was I choose to read books that I knew would pull in new followers to my blog. In doing so I ended up reading books I wasn’t too eager to read. I don’t want that. I want to be able to pick up a book that I fancy no matter what its age is and enjoy it to its full potential. Instead I was forcing myself to read a book and review it because it was popular in the book blogging community. I did and do not want that anymore. I have found many good books this year and I want to read what interests me now. Life’s too short to read books because others say they are good. I want to discover my own favourites and keep them close because I found them. They weren’t pushed upon me from many other reviewers. Another thing I was doing was trying to get as many followers as possible and that’s silly. It took away the enjoyment even more. I attempted to do book blogging memes but I only did them for the readers not for myself.


 At this precise moment in my life, I need to step away and focus on writing. It’s my dream and I need to work towards it. Of course I will continue reading but I won’t be posting reviews here. If I do write a review I will post it on goodreads. Reading is a huge part of my life and always will be. It just seems that a book review blog isn’t the right thing for me. I have enjoyed my time blogging but I need to take a break from it and focus on other things. I may be back, I may not but I will keep you all posted. I may even start a new blog; if I do then I will let you know. But for now thank you to those who followed me.
 



Thanks again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!