Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Spy Glass By Maria V. Snyder



Description:
An undercover mission
leads to danger, adventure
and an impossible choice.

After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, student glass magician Opal Cowan lost her powers. Immune to the effects of magic, Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had. Powers that make a difference in the world.

Suddenly the beautiful pieces she makes begin to flash in the presence of magic and Opal learns that someone has stolen some of her blood. Finding it might let her regain her powers or discover that they're lost forever...

Review: It's hard reviewing each book in a series as you don't want each review to sound similar or include the same points about characters or plot etc. So I hope each of my reviews are slightly different. Anyway Spy Glass is book 3 in the Glass trilogy by Maria V Snyder which means this is the final book and the ending of the series. Oh and what an ending it is.

In Spy Glass we join Opal as she tries to track down her blood that was stolen from her before it falls into the wrong hands. During the time when she tries to gather information she has to experiment with her new immunity to Magic, which only one other person has. That person is Valek, he teams up with Opal and helps her out and teachers her how she can be successful in finding her blood and ready her for future missions. With help from her friends Opal continues her mission to find her blood but it is easier said then done.

So many plot threads are woven throughout this book and each one surprised me. Some of them I didn't even think about until it happened. There were so many developments, I didn't see many coming. For a final book in a trilogy it did a really good job of keeping the reader interested and wanting more. There was a lot of action in this book and probably more suspense then the previous books. The series certainly went out with a bang. I loved loved loved the ending, it was so sweet and I loved how everyone was reunited.

Opal certainly grew in this book, a lot more than i was suspecting. She has changed so much since we first met her in Magic Study, she has finally accepted who see is and knows there is people she can trust but most of all people can change. Devlen was very nice in this book, his character has also changed dramatically for the better and he got the ending he deserved. Kade, and his weather references didn't play that big a part in this book, but when he did it was rather heartbreaking. Valek came back in this book and it was great seeing him react to someone other then Yelena or fellow Ixians. I liked the time he spent with Opal, it really did make me laugh and Smile. Of course the real humour comes from Ari and Janco who are both hilarious and a vital part of the plot. Oh, i almost forgot the brilliant new additions of Teegan and Reema, the two children were brilliant and so mature for the age. I loved their ending as well, I'm pretty sure they'll turn out ok now.

Spy Glass is a brilliant finale to Opal's story and it brings the series to a perfect end. I know I'm definitely going to miss Yelena and Opals world so hopefully there may be more books in the future but for now I'm happy with the ending. I only have one more Maria V. Snyder book to read now but I'm anxiously waiting for more, but for now, you, reading this should go pick up Storm Glass, the first book in the series and make your way to Spy Glass this epic ending to the trilogy.

5/5 Stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!