Friday, 23 March 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

Today I went to see The Hunger Games at my local cinema. Despite the cinema being empty except about six of us (It was at 12:45 on a Friday during the school day, so I'm guessing that's why it was empty) but anyway I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

The whole morning i was bouncing around, super excited to see the movie. We went in and there was no adverts before and the film started straight away. It captured my attention from the beginning and the mood was perfect, the fear of the reaping, then the bizarre over the top business in the Capitol, and finally the suspense of the Games. It was amazing.

Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic as Katniss, she played the character incredibly well, no one else could have done it better. Josh Hutcherson was also great as Peeta and so so so much better than i expected him to be. The two had great chemistry which was so clear in the film and it just added to the film as a whole. Without it there would be a huge void in the film. All the actors were well picked and matched the characters from the books rather well.

Indeed the movie does stray from the book in a few parts but i don't think it takes anything away from the film. If you haven't read the book then this shouldn't be a problem but if you have, you'll probably find little problems such as how Katniss gets the Mockingjay pin, but don't let this take away from the film as a whole.

I just loved this film, the whole thing was very well done. The mood was perfect from start to finish and kept the viewer hooked. Even one lady who was sitting near us cried when Rue died. So if you do go to see it you might want to take some tissues.The only other thing i will say is you should probably read the books first so you understand the movie more and get the full impact.

What are you waiting for go see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!