Monday, 10 January 2011

The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins

 This is my review of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

Description: Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.

When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.



Review:

One way to describe this book is WOW! It is absolutely fantastic. I bought this book after reading so many good reviews about it and i am so glad i did. It is by far one of the best books I've ever read maybe even the best I've ever read. It is brilliant.

This book follows Katniss Everdeen who lives in District 12. When people are being picked to be placed in the Hunger Games Katniss's younger sister Prim is chosen but Katniss won't let her own sister be killed so instead she steps forward. The boy who gets picked from District 12 is Peeta Mellark who Katniss doesn't really won't to be with stuck in an arena. The two get taken away to the Capitol where they prepare then they are sent into the arena where the real games begin.

I loved Katniss's character she felt like a real person who you could relate to one way or another. She's a strong heroine that you can't help but like. Peeta, well i wasn't sure about Peeta at first but i started growing towards him throughout the book but i couldn't stop thinking about Gale. Poor Gale who was left behind, the one who Katniss is truly close to. Haymitch is a previous games winner and i have to say i thought he was a really funny character.

The ending of the book was sad and i am so glad there are more books (which I'm going to read today, hopefully). This is a very strong book which i suggest everyone goes and reads as it is totally worth it. This is the first book I've read in 2011 and i think its going to be really hard to top it even though there's a whole year ahead. Suzanne Collins has done a really good job with this book and like i said its one of the best books i have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all the comments I get. I love hearing from fellow readers. If you have a blog, post a link and I'll pop over. My Blog is an Award Free Zone I appreciate the gesture but I will not be accepting Awards. Thank you for stopping by, remember to come back if you like my posts!